We deliver the possibilities of data. You define what’s possible.
The power of data is undeniable. A world that’s more predictive, more productive and more personal enables smarter decisions, breakthrough discoveries and deeper connections. As a leading provider of data storage devices and solutions, Western Digital delivers the possibilities of data. Join the team, and define what’s possible.
University Recruitment is looking for highly self-directed people to be a part of our RAMP program. These paid summer internship opportunities are designed to jump start your career, offering on-the-job training and a robust summer of events. As a RAMP participant, you'll work alongside technology industry professionals on real-world projects, giving you the tools and experience to get your career off the ground. Additionally, Ramp participants will attend networking events, participate in workshops, and present to the WD leadership team.
This position is related to industrial data science projects at Western Digital and will focus on wafer pattern recognition techniques, image analysis and applying ML/DL for anomaly detection in complex manufacturing processes.
The individual will develop pattern recognition techniques to recognize various anomalies in production metrology, inspection and/or test data. Anomalies could be recognized by their form, whether visual such as in image data or non-visual such as in electrical, optical or physical property measurements.
Python is the preferred language for the work, but other languages may be considered.
- Current student, pursuing a PhD degree in Material Science/Chemistry, Physics, Statistics, Applied Mathematics, Data Science, or Data Analytics, and graduating between December 2018 and June 2019
- Minimum of 3.0 GPA
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills
- Strong technical skills in area of study
- Interest in HDD, flash, semiconductor, components, nonvolatile memory industry
- Proficient in Microsoft Office applications
- Strong team-player who can collaborate with colleagues
- Basic understanding on magnetic recording & signal processing
- Being persistent on problem/issue resolution
- Solid statistical analysis skills
- Strong communication skills and good team player
- Python, R, Statistics, Machine Learning, SQL
ABOUT WESTERN DIGITAL
Western Digital Corporation is the world’s largest data storage company with a leading portfolio of HGST, SanDisk, G-Technology and WD brands covering flash and disk-based solutions. Deployed by the largest and most prominent organizations worldwide, Western Digital solutions are everywhere, touching lives and enabling great value from the data they possess.
Western Digital is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to providing equal employment opportunity for all applicants and employees. Western Digital does not unlawfully discriminate and complies with the laws and regulations set forth in the following EEO Is The Law poster: Equal Employment Opportunity Is The Law.
Western Digital participates in the E-Verify program in the US. For more information click here. Este empleador participa in E-Verify.