We deliver the possibilities of data. You define what’s possible.
The power of data is undeniable. A world that’s more predictive, more productive and more personal enables smarter decisions, breakthrough discoveries and deeper connections. As a leading provider of data storage devices and solutions, Western Digital delivers the possibilities of data. Join the team, and define what’s possible.
University Recruitment is looking for highly self-directed people to assume these technical roles and immediately contribute to the development of our newest storage products. We’re seeking highly students to be a part of our RAMP program. These paid summer internship opportunities are designed to jump start your career, offering on-the-job training and a robust summer of events. As a RAMP participant, you'll work alongside technology industry professionals on real-world projects, giving you the tools and experience to get your career off the ground. Additionally, Ramp participants will attend networking events, participate in workshops, and present to the WD leadership team.
As a DST System & Controller Architecture intern you will:
- Develop storage system architecture concepts, define system models for emerging NVM, NAND, SCM based product controller architecture in various storage & memory semantic applications
- Analyze the performance of the system/ controller architecture and identify bottlenecks, propose solutions and validate architecture
- Extend legacy SSD system architecture models to Storage Solution level realm
Key Skills/ Education:
- Ph.D. in Computer Engineering, Computer Science, Electrical Engineering, ECS
- Exposure to Storage, Compute and Memory Architectures
- Basic know-how of System Architecture, Sys Modeling tools
- Knowledge of design and data structures
- Fluent in C++, Python
- Knowledge in working in Linux environment is a plus
- Scripting in System C/Python/Perl is a plus
- Strong analytical skills
ABOUT WESTERN DIGITAL
Digital Corporation is the world’s largest data storage company with a leading
portfolio of HGST, SanDisk, G-Technology and WD brands covering flash and
disk-based solutions. Deployed by
the largest and most prominent organizations worldwide, Western Digital
solutions are everywhere, touching lives and enabling great value from the data
Digital is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to providing equal employment
opportunity for all applicants and employees. Western Digital does
not unlawfully discriminate and complies with the laws and regulations set
forth in the following EEO Is The Law poster: Equal Employment Opportunity Is The Law.
Digital participates in the E-Verify program in the US. For more information
click here. Este empleador
participa in E-Verify.