SanDisk®, a Western Digital brand, has been expanding the possibilities of data storage for more than 25 years—giving businesses and consumers the peace of mind that comes from knowing their data is readily available and reliable, even in the most challenging environments. Our products are used in the world's leading-edge data centers, embedded in game-changing smartphones, tablets, and laptops, and entrusted by consumers around the world. As a vertically-integrated storage solution company, we are able to quickly deliver innovative, high-quality solutions with less time from research to realization. From mobile devices to hyperscale data centers, SanDisk storage solutions make the incredible possible.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Stays current with firmware development methodologies.
- Typical activities include design and implantation of data structures, software algorithms, data path, drivers for HW cores and implementation of storage interfaces like SAS, SATA to deliver cutting-edge storage products.
- Develops embedded firmware for disk drives.
- Firmware development is done primarily in C++ on multiple environments: FPGA, Simulator, Final product.
- Debugs issues involving advanced drive features across a wide variety of hardware and software platforms, including PC’s, servers, RAID, and various operating systems (Windows and Linux).
- Follows department processes and guidelines for firmware development and strives to meet company goals and objectives.
- Works with cross functional teams to develop disk drive products.
- Assists in finding root cause for disk drives that have failed for apparent firmware related issues.
- Participates in cross functional meetings to resolve development issues.
- Assists in developing and validating solutions for issues related to disk drive firmware.
- Documents findings of engineering analyses and investigations.
- Creates design documents pertinent to the various phases of firmware development.
- Bachelor or Master in CS, CE, EE, Physics, Mathematics, or equivalent required
- 0-2 plus years of embedded firmware experience.
- Strong programming skills (C, C++ Java).
- Previous RTOS experience – advantage. (e.g. uCOS/ThreadX/MQX/VxWorks/Embedded Linux)
- Familiarity with micro-controller architecture (ARM or ARC), embedded systems desired.
- Capable of developing system view for complex embedded systems
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills.
- Capable of quickly learning new firmware, hardware, systems, tools, and methodologies
Western Digital offers a highly competitive compensation package and great benefits. Western Digital provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, national origin, age, disability, marital or veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other legally protected status.
Posting Notes: [[country]] || [[mfield1]] ||[[custReqType]] ||[[filter3]] ||[[custInternType]] ||.||